Certification for individuals

On this page

What is a statement of attainment?

A statement of attainment is issued when a student has successfully completed a number of accredited units of study which do not amount to a full qualification. The statement should meet the requirements set out in the AQF Qualifications Issuance Policy and any applicable standards for the sector.

My training provider has closed. How can I get a copy of my qualification or have my qualification verified?

Details of current and non-current registered training organisations may be found on the National Register of Vocational Education and Training on the www.training.gov.au website. If your training organisation has closed, you may be able to obtain information on your qualification from the relevant VET regulator, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) if the provider was in any state other than Victoria or Western Australia and the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority if the provider was in Victoria and the WA Training Accreditation Council if the provider was in Western Australia. Depending on the age of your qualification, information may not available.

The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) National Register of Higher Education Providers lists details of current higher education providers. If your provider has closed, you may wish to contact TEQSA to see if you can be provided with further information. Depending on the age of your qualification, information may not be available.

I have a question about my entitlement to certification for the study I have completed, or what should be included on that certification.

Requirements for certification are set out in the national standards that apply to registered organisations in the VET or Higher Education sectors. These standards are the Higher Education Standards Framework for Higher Education qualifications and the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 for VET qualifications. These documents also reference the AQF Qualifications Issuance Policy.

For questions about your certification, you should consult your education provider in the first instance. If you have further queries, you should contact the relevant regulator: for higher education: the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency, and for vocational education and training: the Australian Skills Quality Authority.

I have a question about the Unique Student Identifier (USI) or my USI transcript.

You should consult the USI website at www.usi.gov.au, and contact the USI team through that website if you have further queries.