Accreditation for providers

On this page

How do I become a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) or a Higher Education Provider

The AQF itself does not register institutions. In Australia, this is undertaken by National or State/Territory accrediting authorities.

Registered Training Organisations for the Vocational Education and Training Sector

Information on becoming an RTO can be found on the website of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).

Some VET providers in Victoria and Western Australia continue to come under the jurisdiction of their respective state regulators, the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority and the Western Australian Training Accreditation Council. These are providers that do not offer courses outside Victoria and Western Australia, and do not offer courses to overseas students.

Higher Education Sector

Information on becoming a higher education provider can be found on the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency website.