Where Do I Go?

We've assembled a list of resources and authorities that might help you where the AQF cannot.


If you want to know what and where you can study nationally recognised vocational education and training (VET) courses, please go to: https://www.myskills.gov.au/.  

For courses in the higher education sector, you can use the website https://www.courseseeker.edu.au/  (Please note that not all courses offered by every provider are included in this website yet - it is a work in progress.).  You may need to conduct your own research and, if you have enquiries, contact the admissions department of the individual provider. 

You could also view https://www.teqsa.gov.au/national-register and, if you want data on the student experiences and graduate outcomes of certain higher education institutions, see https://www.qilt.edu.au/

If you have queries about whether an education provider is accredited and which qualifications the provider is accredited to deliver, in the VET sector go to: https://training.gov.au/Home/Tga and for higher education: https://www.teqsa.gov.au/national-register.

If you need detailed information on VET qualifications, units of competency, training packages etc., go to https://training.gov.au/Home/Tga.

If you need to contact a regulating agency because you have a query, for higher education go to https://www.teqsa.gov.au/contact-us-0 and for VET: https://www.asqa.gov.au/faqs/speak-asqa-representative ...

...Except, if your query relates to VET in Victoria: http://www.vrqa.vic.gov.au/Pages/contact.aspx , or if your VET query is based in Western Australia: http://www.tac.wa.gov.au/Pages/contactus.aspx.

If you need advice about matters relating to pay and conditions, you could contact https://www.fairwork.gov.au/.

For all immigration or visa queries, please go to http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/make-enquiry.

If the VET institution where you studied no longer exists and you need evidence of your studies, contact https://www.asqa.gov.au/faqs/speak-asqa-representative.

If you need a copy of your testamur or record of results, or you want advice about your course in the higher education sector or VET sector, please contact your individual provider, e.g. the university or TAFE institution.

In the event that you are no longer able to contact your VET provider to obtain your students records, you can contact ASQA https://www.asqa.gov.au/faqs/speak-asqa-representative ...

...Except, if your provider was based in Victoria: http://www.vrqa.vic.gov.au/Pages/contact.aspx , or Western Australia: http://www.tac.wa.gov.au/Pages/contactus.aspx.

If you need to verify an individual's qualification or record of achievement, you will need to contact the institution that conferred the qualification or delivered the training, as the AQF does not hold individual student records.

If you need your overseas qualifications assessed and recognised in Australia, see our Assessment of Foreign Qualifications page.

For licensing, registration, or accreditation of particular trades, professions or industries, e.g. a 'white' or 'blue' card, you will need to contact the relevant state/territory or national authority, depending on your circumstances.  This may require further research on your part.  The AQF does not have expert knowledge of the requirements for specific occupations or industries.

If you want to know more about studying in Australia, see https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/english/australian-education.

If you want to know how to become a registered provider of VET, see https://www.asqa.gov.au/vet-registrationFor information on becoming a higher education provider, see https://www.teqsa.gov.au/provider-registration.

For information on government funding assistance for your studies, go to https://www.studyassist.gov.au/.